Read Message

Zoraida Morrison: question about docuscan plus

Does DocuScan Plus read books on EPUB format? Thank you.

Date:

Richard Wells: Re: question about docuscan plus

Zoraida: DocuScan certainly does read epub. I just tested it. It is actually pretty cool

Date:

Zoraida Morrison: Re: question about docuscan plus

Thanks, Richard, that makes me very happy. Now, I have a follow up question, more like a trivia question, and the question is this; which format is displayed better in DocuScan Plus, PDF or EPUB? As you may know, PDF files do not look quite like a text file looks in Notepad or Word. What I mean is that a PDF file in DocuScan Plus does not display in paragraph forms or in complete lines. Many lines of text displayed in DocuScan are split, half of the text of a particular line on one line, and the other half on the following line. On the PDF there is also a blank line between the lines of the text. So again, I wonder if EPUB would look more like text as we see in Word or Notepad when using DocuScan Plus. Thank you for all and any replies.

Date:

Diane P: docuscanRe: question about docuscan plus

I'm new here, do you have to have a scanner to use docuscan? And, if you do, what kind and how expensive? Thanks

Date:

Richard Wells: Re: docuscanRe: question about docuscan plus

Diane: You do not have to have a physical scanner to use DocuScan. All modern scanners are compatible, but again, you do not need a scanner to use it to read local or online content.

Date:

Diane P: more questionsRe: docuscanRe: question about docuscan plus

Can I read my mail on it? How does it work?

Date:

Zoraida Morrison: Re: more questionsRe: docuscanRe: question about docuscan plus

As Richard stated, if you want to scan printed materials using DocuScan Plus, all you need is a scanner. DocuScan Plus is a nice, clean, uncomplicated program that is easy to use.

Date:

Will W (Pneuma Solutions Staff): Re: more questionsRe: docuscanRe: question about docuscan plus

Will here with Pneuma solutions.
You can kind of think of DOCUSCAN as a nice easy-going appliance for the consumer. It does what it does well, is simple to learn and use, and is reliable.

Date:

Richard Wells: Re: more questionsRe: docuscanRe: question about docuscan plus

Diane: You can read paper documents only if you have a scanner. The help within DocuScan is extremely easy to understand as to how it works. http://samobile.net/help/dsp3/

Date:

Richard Wells: Re: question about docuscan plus

Zoraida: Epub is basically embedded XML so it will render exactly as the publisher directs.

Date:

Zoraida Morrison: Re: question about docuscan plus

Thank you Richard for your reply concerning EPUB.

Date:

Helena Fehr: Re: question about docuscan plus

Hello,
Not sure if you’re using Doku scan plus on windows or Mac, but just wanted to say that, if you use DocuScanplus on a Mac, you don’t actually have to have a scanner to scan documents. What you do is to hold the documents that you wish to scan up to the screen of your Mac, and then scan it like you would if you had a physical scanner. I tried it a while back and it seems to work very well. I don’t know if it works like that on all Max, but my Mac is a 2017 MacBook Air, and it works on mine. I would think it works on newer Max like that as well. To my knowledge, though that does not work on a Windows computer, although my windows computer is an old desktop and it doesn’t have a camera so it wouldn’t work on my windows computer in any case. I agree, though that Doc you scan works very well is reliable and seems very accurate. I have an old version of Kurzweil on my windows, computer, and I tried it with a document to scan it first with Kurzweil and then with DocuScan plus and I actually found out that it came out much better on DocuScan plus.

Date:

Diane P: lucky

You're so lucky that you don't have to get a scanner. I have windows laptops, so would have to get one. Thanks so much for your detailed reply. Diane

Date:

Helena Fehr: Re: lucky

Actually, i have a windows and Mac. For my windows computer, I have to have a scanner to, which thankfully I have. I think most scanners will work, and you may find that scanners are fairly inexpensive to buy if you need to purchase one. Good luck :-)
Helena

Date:

crayton benner: Re: lucky

I have tried the scanner part that was talked about on mac, and it works very well.

Date: