Read Message

Helena Fehr: Using eMail with Sero

Hey, all,
Coming in here with a question. I'm quite new to the group, and am trying out Sero on my PC. I'm wondering if it works to add third-party accounts like my Google and Outlook, and how to do that. I tried it once already, but when I clicked for it to check for messages, it sayd it failed, and I'm not sure what I need to do to fix that. Using the Sero email os so much easier than using the normal mail app that's on the PC, or having to use OutLook, but I would like to use my outlook and gamil accounts with the Sero email. Does anyone know if this even wroks, and if so what do I need to do to make it work? Thanks!

God Bless!!!

Helena

"May the Lord bless you and keep you;
"May the Lord make His face shine upon you;
"May He be gracious to you, show you His favour, and give you his peace" (
Numbers 6:24-26).
In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Sent from my PC

Date:

Will W (Pneuma Solutions Staff): Re: Using eMail with Sero

Hi Helena,

Thanks for reaching out to us.
For starters, you will need to look up the manual parameters for your gmail/outlook accounts.
Because Sero still uses an older email protocol for third-party accounts, there is no way of telling if your accounts will ultimately work as expected.
You will also need to generate what's called an app-specific password for the accounts you're wanting to add. To make things easier, let me know if you'd like to set up a time to deal with this over the phone with me and we'll try and tackle getting this set up for you without making any promises.
I am also going to try and work with my colleagues internally to make this whole process easier for everyone.

Thanks,

Will

Date:

Snow Bunny: Re: Using eMail with Sero

That would be awesome, thanks! I am thinking about putting Sero E-mail on my iPhone. Beth

Date: