Read Message

Helena Fehr: Question about scanning on Mac

Hey, all,
A few days back, someone on here mentioned that they would like to be able to scan documents without having a scaner, and I replied to that message that it does work with a Mac by holding the document up to your screen and scanning it like that without a scanner. I've gotten it to work in the past on my Mac, which is why I mentioned it in the first place. I believe others have tried it as well, and gotten it to work. However when I went on my Mac to scan something today, I couldn't get it to work without hooking up a scanner. Does anyone know if there's something I need to do with my Mac to get it to just scan when I hold the document up to the screen? It is an older Mac, but I have had DocuScan on my Mac before, and was able to do it with no problem. If anyone who has tried it and gotten it to work can respond to my message to tell me what you did, that would be great. Thanks!

Helena

Date:

Richard Wells: Re: Question about scanning on Mac

Open preferences in DocuScan. Open Scanning preferences. What device is selected in DocuScan?

Date:

crayton benner: Re: Question about scanning on Mac

Tha'ts what I would do for that. Just follow that, and you should be good.

Date:

Helena Fehr: Re: Question about scanning on Mac

Thanks,but sorry, now I don’t understand. What do I need to do?

Date:

Helena: You need to activate the popup for devices and choose the camera if it is in the list.

Date:

Hey, thanks, but I looked in the pop-up menu you mentioned and I can’t choose the camera becausee it isn’t in the list. I don’t know if my camera works for other things or not. Is there some sort of app I can get that will allow me to take a photo on my Mac and see?

Date:

Thanks. Itried that already. If I have the scanner unplugged when I try to scan something it says it couldn’t find a scanner or camera. If I go to settings and scanning prefernces like you said, it shows Default in the scanning devices pop-up menu. If I plug in my scanner, it shows the name of the scanner in there instead, but there’s only that one device then, not that I can choose to use the scanner or the screen.

Date:

The only possibilty there is that your Mac's camera has stopped functioning, at least as a twain device. Does it work for other photographic tasks?

Date:

Will W (Pneuma Solutions Staff): Re: Question about scanning on Mac

I'm not a MAC user nor am I experienced enough with built-in cameras functioning like twain scanners, so I'll leave this to the other people on this forum who are far more versed than I am.

Date: