Read Message

Helena Fehr: DocuScan Plus on the Mac

Heyguys,
So because of all this whole screen thing not working, I decided just to uninstall and reinstall DocuScan plus on the Mac. When I went to download it from the app-store, and tried to open it, it said something like “DocuScan has encountered a fatal error and will now terminate. Something about Python console can not currently run to paths with (I don’t know what symbols it said because VoiceOver wouldn’t read them), in terminal. My options were to open Console which I don’t know what that’s for, or Terminate. It wouldn’t download to my Mac. Thnking that I had an older version of DoCuscan Plus, and that I would try that, and then see if I could update it once I had it installed, I opened my older version, but now it says DocuScan can’t be opened. There’s a help button which has nothing in it besides a toolbar so you can’t get help, or an Ok button. Note that my Mac is older, it’s a MacBook Aire, butit worked just fine on there before apart from the screen thing that I can’t choose the camera to scan. In hindsight, I should have just left it, but now it’s too late, and I can’t use it on my Mac because I keep getting these errors when I try to open it. Does anyone now step by step instructions how to fix this?

Date:

Richard Wells: Re: DocuScan Plus on the Mac

Helena: Since we do not know by what method you removed DocuScan in the first place, The only way you are going to get it cleanly installed without errors is to use a utility like this one: https://macpaw.com/download/cleanmymac?_gl=1*5d9yfa*_ga*MzE2NTI1ODQ1LjE3MTM2MzIzNTg.*_ga_1QQT66XX0W*MTcxMzYzMjM1OC4xLjEuMTcxMzYzMjM5MC4yOC4wLjA.#_ga=2.84365265.974437970.1713632359-316525845.1713632358 to clean out the left-over files from DocuScan. Then you should be able to successfully install DocuScan without errors from the Mac App Store.

Date:

Helena Fehr: Re: DocuScan Plus on the Mac

Thank you. I have copied your message so I could email it to myself and see the email on my Mac, and I will try clicking on the link that you suggested.

Date:

Hi, Richard, just wanted to come on here and thank you for the solution to my problem. As I suspected the app you sent was for Clean My Mac X, which I already had. (The Link had a lot of symbols, but I recognized the words Mac paw, so suspected that it might lead me to Clean My Mac X). Anyhow, since I already had it, I figured out how to properly uninstall DocuScan Plus with all the remaining components, and then go to the App-Store, where I was able to redownload and reopen DocuScan Plus successfully. So now it works properly as it should. I still can’t scan documents using the screen but it might be that the display or the camera isn’t working properly or something. I have no way of knowing that though because I tried taking a photo and it made all the right sounds, but I don’t know what it actually took a photo of, or if it took a photo at all. I have no sight, so wouldn’t be able to see if it actually took a picture of something. Anyhow, thanks all the same. I’m glad at least it’s on my Mac and it works.

Date:

Helena: I am so glad to know that DocuScan is working again for you. Since you do have a scanner that works on your Mac, just use that until you can get your camera diagnosed.

Date:

Yep,thanks, that’s the plan. I’m just glad it works.

Date:

Helena: The App recommendation is not a good option, because it forces you to do a free trial before you can use it. I will do more research to see if there is another App or solution for you. You could also call Apple Accessibility to get their help in completely removing left-over DocuScan traces so you can do a clean install.

Date:

For what it’s worth, I do have clean my Mac X on my Mac. Is there anyway that could help I believe it does uninstall stuff but I’m not sure what I’m still new to it yet.

Date:

Helena: If you are asking if Clean My Mac can fix your camera, I doubt it, especially if it is a hardware failure in the camera itself. It would be worth calling Apple accessibility to ask them about it. They can screen share with you and help you diagnose if it is just a driver issue, which could be fixed through maybe re-installing software for it.

Date:

I am not sure if the number works in Canada or not, but you could try: (877) 204–3930

Date:

Thanks. I already have the number for apple accessibility. I called them yesterday to ask about trying to fix the issue with DocuScan not installing on my Mac. For some reason they weren’t able to do a screen-share because it kept saying sSA Agent has no windows. I have reported this issue to them. I didn’t think of it though that they might be able to diagnose my camera. That might be an idea to try, at least if they can get the screen-share to work next time. I am considering at some point to get a new Mac, as this one is old and doesn’t update, and it’s been getting slow and having apps either say not responding. Thankfully, Clean My Mac X has helped somewhat with the problem. What I would do then is put DocuScan on both Macs and keep it on my PC, and then use my old Mac as a backup in case something happened to the new one. At least, for now that’s my goal, but we’ll see how it all happens.By the way, yes, Apple Accessibility does work in Canada. I call them all the time when I have problems with my Apple devices.

Date: