Read Message

Richard Wells: Caps-Lock Exhibiting Strange Behavior only with System Access Running.

Hello: Two users have reported to me that Caps-lock is producing strange clicking repeated noises when it is pressed while System Access is running. Since Sero software has not been updated lately, I believe it to be related to a recent Windows update. I cannot personally reproduce it, but since it has been reported twice in one week, it is time to investigate it further. It is not related to Windows 10 or 11, because each user is on each operating system respectively. I have completely removed and reinstalled Sero software on one of the offending computers with no change to this behavior. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, report it on this thread. Maybe Pneuma Solutions support Staff can track it down.

Date:

Robert: Re: Caps-Lock Exhibiting Strange Behavior only with System Access Running.

I use Windows 11 and caps lock when I hit it goes crazy. I thought it was just my computer.

Date:

Richard Wells: Re: Caps-Lock Exhibiting Strange Behavior only with System Access Running.

Does the Caps-Lock problem immediately go away when you stop System Access and use another screen access program like Narrator, NVDA or JAWS?

Date:

Alma: Re: Caps-Lock Exhibiting Strange Behavior only with System Access Running.

I am experiencing that here as well. Running the latest version of Windows 11.

Alma

Date:

Alma: Re: Caps-Lock Exhibiting Strange Behavior only with System Access Running.

Yes, it does immediately go away when I switch screen readers. When I attempted to use it with System Access as a modifier key earlier today, it went crazy and almost acted like it was in sticky keys mode, for lack of a description.

So I shut down System Access, started up NVDA, turned off CapsLock, then turned off NVDA for System Access and all was right with the world.

I'll try to pay attention, should I forget and make this happen again accidentally, and remember where I am and what I'm doing, in case it matters if I'm browzing the web, for example, and report back any findings.

Hth,

Alma

Date:

Richard Wells: Re: Caps-Lock Exhibiting Strange Behavior only with System Access Running.

Alma: any and all information will help get to the bottom of this. It does appear to be more wide spread than just a few corner cases. Again, since System Access has not been updated, it has to be a Windows update on both Windows 10 and 11.

Date:

I have asked my husband to look into this as well. Do you recall, right off, what the key combination is to turn onn/off key echo is? Just for kicks, I tried pressing CapsLock, turning System Access off, pressing it a second time, then turning it back on. When I did so, my key echo was set to on, as well.

My husband says: Because we haven't updated System Access in a long time, it's probably because it's old code and there's no way to fix it unless there's an update. Sorry; I know that's probably old news to you. I was hopeful he might have an idea or something, but so far...

Alma

Date:

George Miklosi: Re: Caps-Lock Exhibiting Strange Behavior only with System Access Running.

AM EXPERIENCING THE CAPS LOCK ISSUE ON 2 LAPTOPS RUNNING WINDOWS 10. THE FIRST BEGAN MID WEEK AND NOW TODAY SUNDAY HAPPENING ON THE 2ND COMPUTER.

GEORGE I

Date:

By my count, we are up to for computers exhibiting this behavior. It all started this week, so it must be a Windows update in some combination of common configuration of both Windows 10 and 11. Pneuma Solutions Staff, it is time to investigate to understand what is occurring and how to resolve it.

Date:

Robert: Re: Caps-Lock Exhibiting Strange Behavior only with System Access Running.

Using NVDA the caps lock works perfect. So it is indeed system access.

Date:

George Miklosi: Re: Caps-Lock Exhibiting Strange Behavior only with System Access Running.

Same here. Also caps lock works fine with narrator. Also when pressing caps lock there is no voice saying caps lock on or off.

Date:

Attention Pneuma Solution Staff... Especially Matt Campbell: I just sent logs from George Miklosi's computer demonstrating the caps-lock problem. Disabling CoPilot did not fix it.

Date: